Tuesday, April 17, 2007

An "Editorial" Post

<----an unrelated picture of a manatee

Looking back over the past few months, I've noticed my posting hasn't been very consistent. My posts are as close as a week or as far as two months apart, depending on what I have to write, if I feel like writing it, and how much time and energy I have to devote to posting blogs. So from now on, I think many of my posts are going to be a bit more informal. I was putting a lot of effort into making posts seem professional, well-thought-out, etc. Which is good for a few subjects. However, I've decided that this is a personal blog, and every post doesn't have to be an essay or a newsflash. From now on I'm going to include more informal rants, raves, updates, extemporaneous commentaries, etc, with a noticeably spontaneous tone. It should make the blog more interesting and more consistently posted-to, as, writing a novel, it's not always easy to divert attention away from that to flesh out an essay. And that will probably allow me to write on more topics than I otherwise would be able to.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Blynt said...

An excellent idea! We would like to hear from you more often!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home